Number 19 Eastgate Row is a beautiful five-story Grade II listed building set in the heart of Chester, Cheshire, and dates back to the 1860's.
Spatial were contracted to provide sensitive Grade listed refurbishment works to this iconic building and to convert it delicately into airbnb accommodation.
The scheme consisted of four one-bedroom apartments to be created along with the refurbishment of the existing two-bedroom penthouse apartment.
The works completed were necessary to enable the appropriate conversion into residential use whilst also respecting and retaining the original historic features of interest as noted in the Heritage Impact Assessment provided by Henderson Heritage.
Spatial had to work in line with a conservation officer to strip back the building to structure and build back up all the floor levels whilst preserving the inherent materials.
The project saw the delicate refurbishment of 5 apartments spread over 4 floors and a retail unit to the ground floor level. The top floor flat has a rear balcony with stunning views which overlooks Chester Cathedral to the north.
Scope of Works
- Extensive asbestos removal
- Structural work to open up second floor
- Reroof (half slate and half membrane)
- Refurb of two balconies with new decking and railings
- Penthouse refurb including: new bathroom, ensuite, open plan kitchen and diner opening onto balcony
- 4x One bedroom apartments with bathrooms, open plan kitchens and living areas
- Full refit of all windows, including bespoke Georgian sash windows
- Central staircase refurbishments
- Retail unit stripped back and white washed ready for letting
- External facade required conservation work including limestone render
- Full Lighting and power fit out, door access control, fire alarms and CCTV
- Mechanical ventilation in bathrooms
- Decoration and timber floors throughout
Let's see what we can build together....
Get in Touch